Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, curry chicken - caribbean style. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
So I used this recipe just spooned the outed extra oil and simmered down for a longer time so the gravy could thicken. also u could add small pieces of potato to the simmering process. it will help thicken gravy and make it more hearty! Jamaican curry chicken simmered with potatoes, scallions, and ginger is a Carribean version of curry chicken the family will love. Serve with white rice or roti.
Curry Chicken - Caribbean Style is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Curry Chicken - Caribbean Style is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook curry chicken - caribbean style using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Curry Chicken - Caribbean Style:
- Prepare 4 lbs chicken (thighs and legs skin off)
- Prepare 4 medium size potatoes roughly chopped
- Make ready 3-4 tbsp veggie oil
- Take 1/2 c water
- Make ready 2 tsp salt
- Prepare 2 tsp black pepper
- Make ready 2 garlic cloves diced
- Get 1 medium onion (diced)
- Make ready 1 large tomato
- Get 3 scallions chopped
- Prepare 3 sticks fresh thyme
- Take 4 tbsp ketchup
- Prepare 3 tbsp Amchar Massala (I use Chief brand)
- Prepare 4 tbsp curry powder (I use Blue Mountain Jamaican Hot)
- Get 1 scotch bonnet (a.ka. Jamaican Pepper)
Hot and spicy and LOVING it!!!!! Chop chicken into serving pieces, and wash with vinegar or lime, then set aside. In a large cooking pot heat up the cooking oil. When oil is hot, add in the garlic, black pepper, onion, scallions, and fresh thyme.
Steps to make Curry Chicken - Caribbean Style:
- In a large mixing bowl combine your chicken, 1/2 your chopped onion, fresh thyme, chopped scallions, salt, pepper, tomato, ketchup, amchar massala and your chopped up scotch bonnet.
- Mix ingredients in the bowl by hand thoroughly and then cover. Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours and let marinate.
- Place your large Dutch pot on the stove and turn heat on high and let pot hot.
- Lower the heat to medium and add your veggie oil and the rest of the onion and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes (be careful not to let your garlic burn)
- Add your curry powder and stir for an additional 3 minutes to cook the raw curry taste.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and continue to stir. - - You should notice that the liquid in the pot is cooked off and the curry is forming somewhat like a paste.
- Begin adding your marinated chicken. Turn the heat up to medium high.
- Stir the chicken to coat the pieces with the curry.
- Place the lid on the pot for about 15-20 minutes. About 8 minutes in, check and stir the chicken. Recover with lid and let cook for the remainder 15-20 minutes.
- After the 15-20 minutes add your potatoes and the rest of the water. Turn your heat up to high and bring to a boil. Place the lid half way on to cook off some of the liquid.
- Chicken curry is done when meat begins to fall off the bone and a nice gravey forms. - - Note - you can add more water if needed for gravey.
- Serve with a side of rice and a wedge cornbread. Enjoy……
Jamaican Curry Chicken is rich, spicy and hearty with great flavor. Jamaican Curry Chicken is one of the favorite dishes of Jamaicans. If you are looking for the real Jamaican-style curry chicken try our easy-to-follow recipe. Like our stewed chicken, curry chicken is another dish that you just must know how to make once you are from the Caribbean. Methods vary from island to island on how this is cooked (later I will show you the Jamaican process), but today we are going to walk through the process of creating this mouth watering dish, Trinidad and Tobago style.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food curry chicken - caribbean style recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!