Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, mediterranean chicken pitas. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Mediterranean Chicken Pitas is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Mediterranean Chicken Pitas is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Mediterranean Chicken Pitas Mediterranean Chicken Pitas. Spread each with hummus, then top with the lettuce and mint and squeeze the juice of half the lemon wedges on top. Spoon the chicken salad on top of the lettuce.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have mediterranean chicken pitas using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mediterranean Chicken Pitas:
- Prepare 4 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- Make ready 1/4 small sweet onion, sliced
- Prepare 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Make ready Sea salt and black pepper
- Make ready 2 1/2 C. Cooked chicken, shredded
- Take 3/4 C. Fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Make ready 2 pieces pita bread
- Make ready 1 container hummus
- Get 1/2 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- Take 1/2 C. Fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Take 1 large lemon
Slice the pita breads in half and toast or warm in the oven, if desired. Sauce the inside of the pitas with yogurt sauce. To serve, cut pitas in half and fill with chicken, dilly cucumber salad and top with tzatziki. So I'm obviously still on that whole missing-the-Mediterranean-must-eat-all-the-foods kick that I told you about last week.
Instructions to make Mediterranean Chicken Pitas:
- In a large bowl toss together the tomato, onion, oil, and 1/4 tsp. Add the chicken and parsley and toss to combine.
- Split the pitas to make 4 rounds. Spread each with hummus then top with lettuce and mint and squeeze the juice of half the lemon on top.
- Spoon the chicken salad on top of the lettuce. Serve with the remaining lemon.
Make chicken salad Mediterranean wtih the addition of Greek yogurt, green olives, and chickpeas, and serve in pita bread halves. Greek yogurt has a thick, rich consistency similar to sour cream. Add honeydew melon and cantaloupe slices on the side. Mediterranean Chicken Pitas These chicken pitas are so light and fresh and oh so easy! Olive oil Sea salt and black pepper.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food mediterranean chicken pitas recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!