Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, chow mein. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Chow Mein is firmly planted in the Noodle Hall of Fame as one of the all time most loved noodles, along with other favourites like Pad Thai, Pad See Ew and Singapore noodles. Chicken Chow Mein Old Style (Chinese Food Recipe) Noodles. Chicken Chow Mein - Chinese Restaurant Cooking Secrets - PoorMansGourmet.
Chow Mein is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Chow Mein is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chow mein using 23 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chow Mein:
- Get Prep time 25 mints
- Take Cook time 15 mints
- Take Total time 40 mints
- Make ready 1 packet noodles
- Get 1 medium carrot cut into julian
- Prepare 1 red capsicum cut into julian
- Get 1 green capsicum
- Make ready 1 medium onion cut length wise
- Get 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Take 1/2 cup oil
- Take Chicken Marination:
- Prepare 1/2 kg chicken cut into long strips
- Take 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- Take 1/4 tsp corn flour
- Get 1/4 tsp sugar
- Get For Sauce:
- Take 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- Take 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- Make ready 1 tbsp chilli garlic sauce
- Get 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- Make ready 1 tsp sesame oil
- Take 1 tsp red chilli flakes
Classic Chinese Chow Mein with authentic ingredients and easy ingredient swaps to make this a Classic Chinese Chow Mein is one of those dishes that seems elusive, like there is some secret. Make a classic chow mein for an easy midweek meal. This simple noodle dish is packed with flavour, veg and shredded chicken. A homemade version of your favorite take-out dish.
Steps to make Chow Mein:
- Cut and prepare all ingredients. Marinate the chicken and keep aside.
- Boil your noodles al-dente (firm to bite) and keep aside. Mix the ingredients for the sauce and keep aside.
- Heat a large pan on high and add oil. Saute veggies and take out so they do not lose crunch and colour. In the same pan quickly saute the chicken and take out as it changes colour. Do not over cook it. Now add minced garlic and stir till fragrant, add in the veggies, chicken, and boiled noodles along with the sauce prepared earlier. Toss and mix well until combined thoroughly.
- Turn of the flame and serve hot. Enjoy a happy meal!
Chow Mein (sometimes spelled as chowmin) is one of the best Chinese recipes. It's made of noodles, vegetables, protein such as chicken, shrimp, beef or pork. The ingredients are stir-fried with cooking. Chinese chow mein noodles tossed in an authentic savory sauce. The noodles are stir-fried with Chow mein noodles are incredibly popular at Chinese restaurants and a favorite of mine when.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food chow mein recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!