Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, chicken and shells casserole. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
This chicken and dressing casserole is perfect for when you have leftovers from a big holiday meal or a weekend gathering. Perfect for a busy weeknight, this chicken and broccoli casserole has just six ingredients (most of which you probably have in your kitchen) and takes just a half-hour to make. Chicken Florentine casserole, which can also be adapted with either fish or shrimp, lies on a bed of spinach leaves and mushrooms, has a creamy white sauce mixed with garlic, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasonings, and is topped with baked mozzarella.
Chicken and Shells Casserole is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Chicken and Shells Casserole is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook chicken and shells casserole using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken and Shells Casserole:
- Make ready Water
- Take 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- Get 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Get 2 pound chicken breast boneless and skinless
- Take 2 quart water
- Prepare 1/2 pound pasta shells medium sized
- Prepare Vegetables
- Get 1 pound mixed vegetables broccoli, cauliflower, carrots
- Make ready 2 cups chopped celery
- Take 1 large onion diced
- Prepare 1 medium potato
- Take 3 tablespoons all purpose flour heaping
- Prepare 1-1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Make ready 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Make ready 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- Take 1/2 stick butter
- Prepare 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Make ready Topping
- Make ready 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Make ready 1/2 cup melted butter
If you want to take it to the next level you can stir through some grated cheese for extra flavour or add a pinch of mustard powder for extra. LOVE this easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole recipe! It's made with the best homemade enchilada sauce, and layered with corn tortillas, cheese, beans, and your favorite fillings. It's cheesy, it's spicy, it's sinfully delicious.
Steps to make Chicken and Shells Casserole:
- Chop the celery and dice the onion. Sauté in the butter with pepper, seasoned salt, and garlic. Sauté for 12 minutes.
- I had the lid pop open on the seasoned salt and poured out a 1/4 cup that went in. So I grated a medium sized potato and added in. This helped tone down the saltiness. Sauté the potato with the onion and celery.
- Boil the chicken in the salty peppered water. When the chicken is done remove from water, and add the shells. Cook till done but don't throw out the water. Preheat oven 450° Fahrenheit.
- Steam the mixed vegetables then chop up the bigger pieces. Chop the chicken and add into the celery onion mixture. Add the flour mixed with ground black pepper to taste.
- When the flour is added cook for 8 minutes. Add the pasta shells, and cheese. Add 2-1/2 cups of chicken-pasta water and stir well. Allow to simmer stirring often for 15 minutes add more of the water if necessary. Melt the butter add breadcrumbs and 1/4 cup of chicken-pasta water stir mixing well.
- Add the breadcrumbs to top of the casserole. Spread over the top and bake for 35 minutes covered. Remove cover and put under broiler till browned and crispy. Serve after allowing to rest for 15 minutes. I hope you enjoy!!!
How to Make Chicken Enchilada Casserole. Cooked the chicken in the enchilada sauce, just so it gets that nice flavor from the sauce and it's nice and moist. This Chicken Tamale casserole is a quick and easy swap for more traditional tamales - but just as delicious! Comforting chicken noodle casserole with a simple homemade white sauce, cheese, chicken and egg noodles. Chicken and Stuffing Casserole with chunks of white chicken meat in a creamy stuffing mixture with onion, celery, and mushrooms.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food chicken and shells casserole recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!