Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, jerk chicken. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Jerk chicken is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Jerk chicken is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
The best Jamaican Jerk Chicken including oven and grilling instructions! It's incredibly flavorful thanks to hours of marinating in a vibrant and deliciously seasoned marinade. Jerk is a style of cooking native to Jamaica, in which meat is dry-rubbed or wet marinated with a hot spice mixture called Jamaican jerk spice.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have jerk chicken using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Jerk chicken:
- Get 1 large organic chicken
- Make ready 1 red onion roughly chopped
- Get 1 large knob of ginger roughly chopped
- Take 150 ml white wine vinegar
- Take 150 ml soy sauce
- Take 3 birds eye chillis or 2 scotch bonnets
- Make ready 1 tbsp turmeric
- Make ready 1/2 tsp allspice
- Prepare 1 tbsp ground pepper
- Make ready Handful fresh thyme
- Take Sprinkling of salt
- Make ready 1 tbsp olive oil
Hot, succulent Jamaican Jerk Chicken is a tropical treat. You'll love the heat and flavor of this fiery marinade. Jerk chicken is a Caribbean dish featuring chicken marinated in the famous jerk sauce of Jamaica. The "jerk," incidentally, is derived from "jerky," a type of preserved meat, rather than a reference to a.
Instructions to make Jerk chicken:
- Roughly cut / chop up a onion. Throw into the processor or jug.
- Next add the chilli to the jug.
- Roughly cut up the ginger, put it into the jug also.
- Add the turmeric and allspice.
- Measure the soy sauce and white wine vinegar into a jug and then add it to the mixture.
- Add the pepper, sprinkling of salt and thyme.
- Blitz until almost smooth.
- Take the chicken, now you can just spread the marinade all over a whole chicken, then cook it accordingly to the packet instructions or you can spatchcock it. This speeds up the cooking time.
- Turn the chicken over, now with a pair of sharp scissors or a knife take out the back bone, by cutting down either side. Be Very Careful!
- Put it on a tray, pour som of the marinade inside, then
- Turn it over and press it down flat, some of the bones will crack cover it with more of the marinade then allow it to absorb all the flavours for as long as possible.
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees. Spray or drizzle the chicken with olive oil and salt. Place in the oven for 25 mins lift out and turn around and drizzle some of the juices over place back in the oven for another 20 - 25 mins. Check that the juices are running clear by testing with a knife! Leave to rest and serve.
Try new ways of preparing chicken with jerked chicken recipes and more from the expert chefs at Food Network. Bring the flavors of the Caribbean to dinner. Jerk Chicken - a well-seasoned grilled chicken with a Jamaican jerk marinade that has the perfect balance of heat, sweet and savory. You'll want to make this all year round! Jerk Chicken is believed to have been conceived when the Maroons introduced African meat cooking techniques to Jamaica which were combined with native Jamaican ingredients and.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food jerk chicken recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!