Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, sweet 'n' sour chicken. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Sweet 'n' Sour Chicken is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Sweet 'n' Sour Chicken is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
Sweet and Sour Chicken is a classic Chinese takeout option most of us are too afraid to make at home. This Sweet and Sour Chicken combines crispy chicken with chunks of onion, bell pepper and pineapple in a sticky homemade sauce. Chicken - use boneless skinless chicken thighs for the best flavor, or chicken breasts for a lighter option.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have sweet 'n' sour chicken using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet 'n' Sour Chicken:
- Get 220 g chicken breast, cut into chunks,
- Get 1 large green or red bell pepper, cut into chunks,
- Prepare 1 onion, cut into chunks,
- Make ready 100 g frozen or fresh pineapple chunks,
- Get 1 spring onion, sliced thinly
- Make ready Vegetable or sunflower oil for frying,
- Prepare For the chicken coating:
- Make ready 3 tbsp Cornflour,
- Prepare 1/2 tsp white pepper,
- Take 1/4 tsp salt,
- Take 1 tbsp Dark soy sauce,
- Prepare 1 beaten egg,
- Get For the sweet and sour sauce:
- Make ready 3 tbsp sugar free ketchup,
- Prepare 1 and 1/2 tbsp organic runny honey,
- Prepare 1 and 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar,
- Get 1/2 tbsp premium oyster sauce,
- Take 1 tbsp light soy sauce
The dish comes complete with crispy fried chicken cubes with mouthwatering sweet and sour sauce. This Easy Sweet and sour chicken recipe is made with fresh pineapples, bell peppers, red onions and juicy crispy chicken. It's tossed in a sweet and savory sauce then served over rice. No need to buy Chinese food when you can make it homemade!
Steps to make Sweet 'n' Sour Chicken:
- In a bowl large enough to place all of the chicken pieces in, put the dark soy sauce. Add the chicken and toss so that it is all coated fully. Leave in fridge to marinate for 10-15 mins.
- In a separate bowl large enough for the chicken pieces, place about three tbsp of cornflour, the white pepper and salt.Take the marinated chicken pieces and dip each piece into the beaten egg and then roll into the cornflour mixture until lightly coated with no gaps. Do this with all the chicken.
- Heat up a wok over a high heat and add enough cooking oil to cover about 4-5mm of the base. Leave to get hot enough for frying then add the chicken pieces in batches, so not to overfill the wok and lower the cooking temperature, using wooden chopsticks or tongs turn occasionally until all sides are crispy and golden brown. The chicken should only take a few minutes to cook. Lay out some sheets of kitchen roll and gently remove the pieces from the wok and lay them out on it to remove excess oil.
- Here it's usually wise to slice into one of the larger pieces of chicken, to ensure it's cooked through and not pink. In a jug or cup make up the sweet and sour sauce by adding all of the listed ingredients for the sauce and giving it a good mix. Set aside.
- Carefully remove almost all of the oil from the wok, leaving just enough to fry the vegetables with, (around 2 tbsp worth). Add the onion first and stir whilst it fries so it doesn't burn. After around three minutes add the bell pepper and the pineapple, cook for another 2-3 mins, or if using frozen pineapple, until it's no longer cold in the centre and is defrosted.
- Add the sweet and sour sauce to the wok with the onions, pineapple and peppers. Reduce down for around two minutes until it starts to thicken and it's warmed through. Add the crispy chicken pieces and toss everything together quickly (to keep coating from becoming too soggy), so it's evenly coated in the sauce. Remove from the heat.
- Plate up and garnish with chopped spring onions.
- Perfect eaten alongside Chinese style rice or noodle dishes.
Absolutely the best sweet and sour chicken recipe I've ever tried. My husband and I thought it was delicious. One comment about the directions: the This recipe is authentic and tastes very similar to the restaraunt style sweet & sour chicken. I probably will not make it again though because of the. Skip the take out - this Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe is so good that you'll put it on the permanent rotation.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food sweet 'n' sour chicken recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!