Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, shrimp, crawfish, and corn stew. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
We are from New Orleans and usually have corn and crab but my mother is allergic to crabs and the crawfish worked out well. We used cream of mushroom instead of potato and corn that has been removed from the cob - with the corn milk. If you know how to boil shrimp, crabs or crayfish the way Cajuns do it, then you are in for a delicious treat.
Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have shrimp, crawfish, and corn stew using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew:
- Take 4 packages 4 bags of already peeled frozen shrimp, if its shrimp season get ya 3lbs of boiled shrimp bcuz those shrimp will b significantly larger
- Make ready 2 2 packs of frozen, already cooked & peeled crawfish or 2 lbs of boiled crawfish (again, only if it's crawfish season…btw "shrimp/crawfish season" only applies 2 my fellow Cajun folk)
- Prepare 10 each 8-10 stalks fresh corn, shucked
- Get 1 large family size can cream of mushroom soup
- Get 1 regular size can cream of shrimp soup (if no cream of shrimp available, cream of chicken is fine)
- Take 1 cup half n half or heavy whipping cream
- Take 1 cup Milk
- Make ready 1 Blend of 1 chopped onion, 3 stalks chopped celery, 1 chopped green bell pepper and 1 chopped red bell pepper. They sell this blend already prepared/ pre-chopped in some grocery stores.
- Prepare 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- Make ready 1 Crab boil liquid seasoning (equivalent of Old Bay seasoning in northern states) to taste
- Make ready 1 Salt/pepper or local spice blend to taste (Tony Chachere's is my blend of choice)
Add crawfish and shrimp and cook until shrimp are pink. Mix cream cheese and mayo until smooth. Add cream mixture to the seafood. Parcourez notre sélection de shrimp corn crawfish : vous y trouverez les meilleures pièces uniques ou personnalisées de nos boutiques.
Instructions to make Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew:
- In blender, blend half of shucked corn w cup of half n half/heavy whipping cream. Add some seasoning 2 taste and blend until smooth. Consistency will b thick. Reserve remaining unblended corn to add in later.
- Add olive oil to hot deep stock pot and toss in chopped onion blend. Stir around until mix begins turning translucent. This process is termed "sweating" by local chefs. Releases amazing flavors and juices from veggies. As ur sweating ur blend add some seasoning to it as u go…
- Next add peeled and thawed shrimp. Stir those around a few mins until they start 2 turn pink.
- Add corn/half n half blend to pot along w both cans of soup. This mixture will b thick. Incorporate all content.
- Add milk here to thin out mixture. I said use about a cup of milk but add gradually until u get 2 desired consistency. U may want more than 1 cup if u prefer it thinner or less than a cup if u want it more hearty.
- Add cooked/peeled/thawed crawfish and remaining whole corn kernels to pot, stir in.
- Now comes the fun!!! Season that thang up 2 ur liking w about a tablespoon of liquid crab boil or old bay… be VERY VERY careful on this step cuz that crap is super hot so take it slow…add it gradually until u get desired heat. Then add more salt/pepper or spice blend to taste.
- Stir everything together well one good time then cover w lid and let it simmer on low heat for about 15-20 mins.
- Serve over steamed rice to eat it as a stew or by itself w/ some toasted & buttered french bread, croissant, or side salad bcuz it's yummy & filling enough 2 eat as a soup!!!
Vous êtes descendu jusqu'ici pour obtenir des informations sur shrimp corn crawfish ? C'est votre jour de chance, les voici. Crawfish Boil - delicious crawfish recipes just like in New Orleans. Made with live crawfish, Cajun spices, corn, red potato and smoked sausage. Crawfish boil is one of the most popular crawfish recipes in summer month.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food shrimp, crawfish, and corn stew recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!