Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, shortcut chicken pot pie. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Shortcut Chicken Pot Pie is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Shortcut Chicken Pot Pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
Make this family favourite comfort foods at home with Costco Rotisserie chicken. Perfect for your fall and winter meals. Chicken Pot Pie is a classic comfort food dish, but can also be a time consuming one if you're making everything from scratch.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have shortcut chicken pot pie using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Shortcut Chicken Pot Pie:
- Prepare 1 lb chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- Get 16 oz Normandy or California Blend frozen vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots)
- Take 1 each potato, large
- Get 1 cup milk
- Make ready 1 can cream of chicken soup
- Take 1 can cream of broccoli soup
- Get 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Get 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- Get 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Get 2 can refrigerated biscuits
- Prepare 1 tbsp vegetable oil
A weeknight-friendly chicken pot pie recipes that comes together in just one pot and is topped with flaky cheddar and thyme biscuits. The secret to weeknight pot pie is to reach for shortcuts. This recipe calls for a bag of frozen carrots and peas, along with a few cups of shredded chicken, which. Chicken Pot Pie With Exotic Mushrooms And Tarragon.
Instructions to make Shortcut Chicken Pot Pie:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts to skillet and cook until no longer pink.
- Cut chicken into bite size cubes and set aside. *You can also opt to cut up and then cook the already - cubed chicken. I just find the chicken juicier when cooked whole.
- Wash, peel, and cut potato into cubes. Microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Cook cubed potatoes and frozen veggies on stovetop according to package directions. Add some extra water and extra time in order to accommodate the addition of the potatoes (dont overcook…you want your potatoes tender and firm). Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine soups, milk, thyme, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Add veggies and chicken to soup mixture and gently mix together.
- Spread evenly in a 4 quart baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until it begins to bubble. Remove dish from oven and stir.
- Open biscuits and arrange on top of casserole. Bake another 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Optionally, if you want a nicer presentation, you can opt to cut each biscuit into quarters before placing them on top of the casserole, cutting almost, but not all the way through the biscuit's bottom.
- *** Modified recipe that originates from Campbell's "Fabulous One-Dish Recipes" cookbook (1992) ***
A delicious chicken pot pie made from scratch with carrots, peas, and celery for a comfort food classic. Reviews for: Photos of Chicken Pot Pie IX. Chicken pot pie savory pie filled with cooked chicken, onion, carrot, and peas in a creamy sauce. With a flaky, buttery crust, it's comfort food at its finest. And whiles it's a dish that you can easily source, pre-made, in almost any grocery freezer aisle, we strongly believe that making your own, from scratch.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food shortcut chicken pot pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!