Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, chicken sour cream enchiladas. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
We have the easiest Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas Recipe packed with chicken, cheese and sour cream sauce. These are the best Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas. Roll enchiladas and place seam-side down in a Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and green chilies.
Chicken Sour cream Enchiladas is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Chicken Sour cream Enchiladas is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken sour cream enchiladas using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Sour cream Enchiladas:
- Take 3-4 cups cooked shredded chicken (I used rotisserie chicken)
- Take 1 medium yellow or white onion, chopped
- Get 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Get 1 cup sour cream
- Prepare 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Prepare 1 large can enchilada sauce
- Make ready 3 cups shredded cheese (I use mexican blend)
- Get 6-10 flour tortillas
These can be made very simply from scratch. Cook your chicken breasts in the enchilada sauce. The sour cream enchiladas were stuffed with shredded chicken that had been spiced with generous amounts of salt and black pepper, a simple The sauce itself was a creamy blend of sour cream and chicken broth. A few pickled jalapeños were added, yet they provided more color than fire, as all that.
Steps to make Chicken Sour cream Enchiladas:
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large pan over medium heat, heat a teaspoon of olive oil. Add the onions and cook until translucent. Stir often. Combine chicken and onions in the frying pan. Stir until well combined.
- Pour ½ cup of enchilada sauce over the chicken and onion mixture- just enough to coat the chicken.
- Add the sour cream and parsley, stir until well combined.
- Once the sour cream and parsley are fully combined, turn off the heat. Now add the shredded cheese. I usually add 2-3 cups sometimes more depending on how cheesy I want it. I like this mixture to be creamy and cheesy. Once the cheese is melted and combined with the chicken and sour cream mixture taste it to see if needs anything more. More sour cream? More cheese perhaps? More sauce? Adjust it how you want it.
- Now it's time to fill the tortillas and make the enchiladas. (Spray your baking dish with non stick spray first.) Now just pour enough sauce in a baking dish to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Now take a tortilla and spoon some sauce on the tortilla. Next spoon on some of the chicken mixture.
- Roll up the tortilla and place it in the baking dish. Repeat steps to make enough tortillas to fill your baking dish or until the chicken mixture is used up.
- Pour enchilada sauce over the completed enchiladas. Spread it evenly over the top.
- Top with more shredded cheese and garnish with chopped parsley
- Now they are ready for the oven. Cover with foil and bake 20-30 minutes. Remove the foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking. Since the chicken is pre cooked, you only need to bake them long enough for the sauce to start bubbling, tortilla edges are slightly crisp and the cheese is melted.
Simple Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas - a very easy recipe made with a creamy homemade green & white sauce. I actually made these easy creamy chicken enchiladas on a Sunday afternoon, while I was doing other things - it was the perfect end to a weekend. This recipe is so simple, but these sour cream chicken enchiladas have so much flavor you'd think they took hours. Growing up in Texas, authentic chicken enchiladas were one of my favorite meals. There's nothing like soft tortillas stuffed with juicy shredded chicken and smothered in flavorful white enchilada sauce.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food chicken sour cream enchiladas recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!