Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, lemon and garlic baked mediterranean chicken. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
These chicken drumsticks are loaded with Mediterranean flavors including lemon, garlic, oregano, and extra virgin olive oil. 👉 FULL RECIPE. Lemon-and-Garlic Baked Chicken Thighs. © Todd Porter & Diane Cu. I put the chicken on a cooling rack on the baking pan so it wouldn't sit in the juice/fat as it cooked and I let it bake skin side up.
Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook lemon and garlic baked mediterranean chicken using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken:
- Make ready 6-8 chicken drumsticks or thighs (bone in, skin on)
- Prepare Kosher salt
- Make ready 1.5 teaspoons dry oregano
- Get 1.5 teaspoons black pepper
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon coriander
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Get 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Get 6 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- Prepare 1 small yellow onion, cut into wedges
- Make ready Zest and juice of 1 lemon + 1 lemon cut into slices
- Get 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
Artichokes and black olives add extra fiber and oomph, and of Mediterranean diet dishes often boast Italian flavors, but this recipe goes big on Greek with lemon, oregano, and plenty of garlic. View top rated Mediterranean chicken lemon garlic recipes with ratings and reviews. Cook it in the oven or on a grill. Love this easy Baked Tender Chicken Thighs Recipe that is full of so much flavor.
Instructions to make Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken:
- Pat chicken dry and season with kosher salt, be sure to season under the skin too. If you have the time, arrange the chicken on a tray or a shallow dish and chill in the fridge uncovered for a few hours or overnight (optional.)
- Place chicken in a large zip bag. In a small bowl, combine spices (oregano, black pepper, coriander, paprika, and cumin.) Add spices to the chicken in the bag.
- Add garlic, onion, lemon zest, lemon juice, and olive oil. Zip the bag shut. Toss chicken around and massage to make sure it is well coated in the marinade. Let chicken marinade for about 30 minutes, or if you have the time, refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours, turning bag over halfway through.
- When ready, heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a baking dish and arrange the chicken drumsticks and onion wedges. Pour over the marinade. Arrange lemon slices in between.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and its juices run clear (internal temperature of chicken should register 165 degrees F using an instant read thermometer). If you like, broil for just a few minutes until skins are crispy to your liking.
- Serving suggestion - with herbed couscous mixed with peas, chopped carrots and sultanas.
The combination of garlic with Italian seasoning and paprika work so well. File this recipe under the category of delicious one-dish meals. Chicken breasts are marinated overnight right in the baking dish and are ready to be baked in the oven the next day. Lemons and black olives add a Mediterranean twist to this easy. The chicken turned out moist and flavorful and combined nicely with the baked tomatoes, olives, garlic, and capers.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food lemon and garlic baked mediterranean chicken recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!