Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, jamaican jerk chicken pizza. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
This Jamaican Jerk Chicken Pizza, a California Pizza Kitchen copycat, has slices of jerk- seasoned chicken breast, a sweet and spicy sauce, crispy bacon, roasted red peppers, and onion. This is not your ordinary pizza! I love doing knock offs of California Pizza Kitchen pizzas.
Jamaican Jerk Chicken Pizza is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Jamaican Jerk Chicken Pizza is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook jamaican jerk chicken pizza using 40 ingredients and 34 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Jamaican Jerk Chicken Pizza:
- Get Pizza Dough:
- Prepare 3/4 cup warm water (105-115 degrees)
- Make ready 1 1/2 tsp yeast
- Prepare 2 tsp granulated sugar
- Make ready 1 3/4 cups bread flour
- Make ready 1 tsp salt
- Prepare 2 tbsp olive oil
- Get Caribbean Sauce:
- Make ready 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- Make ready 1/4 cup water
- Get 1/4 cup ketchup
- Get 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- Make ready 1/4 cup minced white onion
- Get 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Prepare 1 tsp minced garlic
- Prepare 1 tsp lemon juice
- Make ready 1/2 tsp salt
- Prepare 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Make ready 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Get 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- Get 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- Prepare Jerk Seasoning:
- Take 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- Take 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Prepare 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Make ready 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- Prepare 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- Get 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Get 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Get 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Get pinch ground cinnamon
- Take Other Things Needed:
- Take 2 chicken breasts, pounded thin
- Prepare olive oil cooking spray
- Prepare 1 red bell pepper
- Take 1 yellow bell pepper
- Take 2 cups + 4 Tbsp mozzarella cheese (I use 4 cups)
- Get 1/2 cup cooked thick bacon, crumbled
- Make ready 1/2 cup thinly sliced white onion
- Get 2 tbsp chopped green onion- green part only
This Jamaican Jerk Chicken Pizza, a California Pizza Kitchen copycat, has slices of jerk- seasoned chicken breast, a sweet and spicy sauce, crispy bacon, roasted red peppers, and onion. This is not your ordinary pizza! I love doing knock offs of California Pizza Kitchen pizzas. Chicken Caesar Wrap Seasoned grilled Jerk chicken, with crisp romaine and parmesan cheese, tossed in a creamy Caesar dressing, served in a wheat.
Instructions to make Jamaican Jerk Chicken Pizza:
- Pizza Dough:
- Mix yeast and sugar and dissolve in warm water. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix flour and salt in bowl.
- Once yeast mixture has set for 5 minutes, pour into flour mixture along with oil.
- Slowly mix in the flour until it forms a ball.
- Knead with hands on floured surface for 10 minutes.
- Coat dough with olive oil, cover, and sit in warm spot for 1-2 hours until doubled in size.
- Punch down dough, cover and store in refrigerator overnight.
- The dough needs to warm up for about 2 hours before making pizza.
- Caribbean Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, simmer for 7 minutes.
- Once cooled, puree and store in refrigerator.
- Bell Peppers:
- Need to be roasted…if no gas stove, cook in oven for 450 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Once roasted, remove skin and chop into small pieces.
- Mix all ingredients for jerk seasoning.
- Spray chicken with olive oil spray and rub jerk seasoning in.
- Cook chicken, once cool enough to handle cut into bite-size pieces.
- Assemble Pizza:
- There should be enough dough to make two 10 inch pizzas.
- Roll out dough.
- Spray dough with olive oil spray.
- Put Caribbean sauce on.
- Layer on cheese.
- Layer on diced chicken.
- Layer on bacon.
- Layer on roasted bell peppers.
- Layer on sliced onion.
- Layer on cheese.
- Cook at 500 degrees for 9-10 minutes.
- Spinkle with green onion.
- Cut into pieces. Enjoy!
A Jamaican classic, this flavour packed dish will make your mouth water and have you saying "ya mon" for more. Tomato sauce and jerk chicken on homemade dough topped with cheddar cheese. Deep fried then slowly stewed with onions, peppers, Jamaican herbs and spices. Here's a fun bit of jerk history: the word jerk refers to a way of cooking that's popular in Jamaica. All varieties of meats and even vegetables are traditionally marinated in a paste or rub that includes allspice and Scotch bonnet peppers.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food jamaican jerk chicken pizza recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!