Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, chicken chimichanga. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Chimichanga is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Chicken Chimichanga is something which I have loved my entire life.
My family absolutely loves this easy Chicken Chimichangas recipe! A large flour tortilla filled with shredded chicken, refried beans, cheese, salsa and spices. This is just homestyle food that tastes amazing!
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken chimichanga using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Chimichanga:
- Make ready 4 Large tortillas
- Get 1 tbsp oil
- Make ready 1 egg
- Get 1 Sour cream, guacomole, salsa to garnish - optional
- Prepare For the stuffing
- Make ready 1 large onion chopped
- Take 1/4 cup diced peppers
- Make ready 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Prepare 300 grams boneless skinless chicken breast, cut and diced
- Take 1 Freshly ground black peppers and cayenne pepper to taste
- Take 1 A pinch of dried mexican oregano
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp cumin powder
- Prepare 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar cheese or Pepper jack cheese
- Take 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Take 1 Salt and pepper to taste
- Make ready 1 Chilli powder or hot smoked paprika or chipotle to taste
Add the chicken, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, salt, and pepper into the pot. These Baked Chicken Chimichangas are a healthier twist on the classic chimichanga. You won't even miss these being fried in this oven-fried version! Chicken Chimichangas that are baked and stuffed with chicken, rice, spices, cheese and more.
Instructions to make Chicken Chimichanga:
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the diced onions, sliced peppers and mushrooms. Give it a good pinch of salt, which helps them cook fast.
- Saute the veggies until the mushroom is golden brown and onions are translucent.
- Add the chicken, and saute it until it is cooked and restores its color.
- Add chilli powder, dried oregano, cumin powder and cook it a couple of minutes.
- Turn off the heat and combine the mixture in the bowl. You can deglaze the skillet using some cold water to retain the flavour. Add cheese to the mixture and set aside.
- Warm the tortillas in a skillet for 2 minutes, 1 minute on each side.
- Fill the tortillas with the veggie mixture and fold the tortillas. Use egg whites to seal the edges.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400°F. Before popping the tortillas in the oven, give them a very shallow fry for 2 minutes to make the top and bottom layer crispy.
- Pop them into the oven for 15 minutes and once done serve them with sour cream, guacomole and salsa (optional).
Creamy Chicken Chimichanga. featured in Tasty's Favorite Chicken Recipes! This Chicken Chimichanga Recipe has flour tortillas that are filled with chicken, beans and cheese and. Chimichanga (/tʃɪmiˈtʃæŋɡə/; Spanish: [tʃimiˈtʃaŋɡa]) is a deep-fried burrito that is common in Tex-Mex and other Southwestern U. You can make this chicken chimichanga recipe at home! Chicken Chimichanga Recipe with Black Beans and Corn.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food chicken chimichanga recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!