Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, jerk chicken. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Jerk chicken is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Jerk chicken is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
The best Jamaican Jerk Chicken including oven and grilling instructions! It's incredibly flavorful thanks to hours of marinating in a vibrant and deliciously seasoned marinade. Jerk is a style of cooking native to Jamaica, in which meat is dry-rubbed or wet marinated with a hot spice mixture called Jamaican jerk spice.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook jerk chicken using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Jerk chicken:
- Take dry rub
- Make ready 2 scoth bonnet peppers, chopped
- Take 2 clove garlic, chopped
- Prepare 2 stick scallions, chopped
- Prepare 2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- Get 1 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Take 1 1/2 tsp allspice
- Make ready 1 tsp salt
- Make ready 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Get chicken
- Get 3 lb chicken legs and thighs
- Get 2 tbsp olive oil
- Make ready 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
Hot, succulent Jamaican Jerk Chicken is a tropical treat. You'll love the heat and flavor of this fiery marinade. Try new ways of preparing chicken with jerked chicken recipes and more from the expert chefs at Food Network. Bring the flavors of the Caribbean to dinner.
Instructions to make Jerk chicken:
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix the dry rub ingredients together. Score chicken on skin side. Apply dry rub to chicken.
- In a dutch oven heat olive oil and then add chicken. Cook and brown chicken for about 10 minutes. Add worcestershire sauce and stir.
- Cover chicken and place in oven. Cook for about 20 minutes.
Jerk Chicken is believed to have been conceived when the Maroons introduced African meat cooking techniques to Jamaica which were combined with native Jamaican ingredients and. Try Levi Roots' sticky jerk chicken wings as a party nibble, or make more substantial jerk chicken thighs to fit in a flatbread or alongside rice and peas. Andi Oliver's jerk chicken and cornmeal waffles. Done right, jerk chicken is one of the great barbecue traditions of the world, up there with Texas brisket and Chinese char siu. It is Jamaica to the bone, aromatic and smoky, sweet but insistently hot.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food jerk chicken recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!