Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, jerk chicken. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Jerk chicken is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Jerk chicken is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
The best Jamaican Jerk Chicken including oven and grilling instructions! It's incredibly flavorful thanks to hours of marinating in a vibrant and deliciously seasoned marinade. Jerk is a style of cooking native to Jamaica, in which meat is dry-rubbed or wet marinated with a hot spice mixture called Jamaican jerk spice.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have jerk chicken using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Jerk chicken:
- Make ready dry rub
- Prepare 2 scoth bonnet peppers, chopped
- Prepare 2 clove garlic, chopped
- Get 2 stick scallions, chopped
- Take 2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- Make ready 1 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- Get 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Get 1 1/2 tsp allspice
- Prepare 1 tsp salt
- Make ready 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Take chicken
- Take 3 lb chicken legs and thighs
- Take 2 tbsp olive oil
- Prepare 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
Hot, succulent Jamaican Jerk Chicken is a tropical treat. You'll love the heat and flavor of this fiery marinade. Try new ways of preparing chicken with jerked chicken recipes and more from the expert chefs at Food Network. Bring the flavors of the Caribbean to dinner.
Instructions to make Jerk chicken:
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix the dry rub ingredients together. Score chicken on skin side. Apply dry rub to chicken.
- In a dutch oven heat olive oil and then add chicken. Cook and brown chicken for about 10 minutes. Add worcestershire sauce and stir.
- Cover chicken and place in oven. Cook for about 20 minutes.
Jerk Chicken is believed to have been conceived when the Maroons introduced African meat cooking techniques to Jamaica which were combined with native Jamaican ingredients and. Try Levi Roots' sticky jerk chicken wings as a party nibble, or make more substantial jerk chicken thighs to fit in a flatbread or alongside rice and peas. Andi Oliver's jerk chicken and cornmeal waffles. Done right, jerk chicken is one of the great barbecue traditions of the world, up there with Texas brisket and Chinese char siu. It is Jamaica to the bone, aromatic and smoky, sweet but insistently hot.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food jerk chicken recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!