Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, brad's chicken katsu. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
This is my family recipe for Chicken Katsu - Japanese style fried chicken. Can also be used to make Tonkatsu, just use pork cutlets instead of chicken. Serve with white rice and tonkatsu sauce.
Brad's chicken katsu is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. They are fine and they look fantastic. Brad's chicken katsu is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook brad's chicken katsu using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Brad's chicken katsu:
- Take For the tonkatsu sauce
- Prepare 1/2 cup ketchup
- Get 2 tbs low sodium soy sauce
- Prepare 1 tbs brown sugar
- Get 1 tbs mirin
- Get 1 1/2 tsp worchestershire sauce
- Get 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Take 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- Prepare 1 clove minced garlic
- Make ready For the chicken
- Make ready 2 lbs chicken breast, sliced into 1/2 " strips
- Take Prepared tempura batter
Crispy chicken katsu served with savory sauce and eggs over rice, this Chicken Katsudon (Chicken Cutlet Rice Bowl) is a typical lunch enjoyed by all ages in Japan. Make this delicious rice bowl for your. These sandwiches combine the shattering panko crispiness of katsu-style cutlets and the fiery heat found in Nashville-style hot chicken with some cooling shredded lettuce to put out the fire. Katsu - Chicken Katsu, Tonkatsu (pork), and Gyukatsu(beef) all work for this recipe If you are using leftover chicken katsu, you can skip ahead a few steps, but Katsudon turns out best if you fry the.
Instructions to make Brad's chicken katsu:
- Slice chicken and put on a plate. Sprinkle with kosher salt and set aside.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the sauce. Mix well and refrigerate until use.
- Mix tempura batter. If you choose to use a boxed tempura follow recipe on box. Or make your own by mixing 1 cup rice flour w/ 2/3 cup ice water.
- Heat deep fryer to 360 degrees.
- Dip chicken in batter to coat well. Let excess drip off. Hold end of strip in hot oil for a few seconds then slowly lower into oil. This should keep the batter from sticking to the frying basket. Fry about 8 strips at a time. Fry for about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve chicken with the sauce on the side. Enjoy.
Chicken Katsu - Japanese fried chicken cutlet with panko bread crumbs. This recipe yields very Chicken katsu is served with a tonkatsu or katsu sauce. This recipe is better than Japanese takeout! Chicken katsu is a twist on the classic Japanese dish, which is traditionally made with pork. These crispy, crunchy chicken cutlets are topped with a sweet-salty tonkatsu sauce that's simply irresistible.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food brad's chicken katsu recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!