Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, steamed pesto chicken rolls with whole wheat pasta. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Steamed Pesto Chicken Rolls with Whole Wheat Pasta is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Steamed Pesto Chicken Rolls with Whole Wheat Pasta is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
I did use whole wheat pasta and I marinated the chicken in a little Italian dressing and Pesto Vinagrette dressing. I also did not use oil to saute the chicken I used a tsp. of the oil from the sun dried tomatoes. I served it with a green salad and everyone was happy!
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have steamed pesto chicken rolls with whole wheat pasta using 13 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Steamed Pesto Chicken Rolls with Whole Wheat Pasta:
- Prepare 2 chicken boobs
- Prepare 4 oz prosciutto
- Get 4 Tbsp pesto
- Prepare 16 oz whole wheat rotini
- Make ready 14 oz can small black pitted olives
- Take 14 oz can artichoke hearts, quartered
- Prepare 10 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- Take 2 lemons, juiced
- Get 1/4 c parsley, chopped
- Prepare 1 top dried basil
- Make ready 2 Tbsp butter
- Make ready 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Get salt and pepper
This is one of those recipes that's great for a busy weeknight. You only need a handful of ingredients to make it. Added Fiber: Using whole wheat pasta provides extra fiber which helps with healthy digestion, regulates blood sugar, and lowers cholesterol. Superfood Spinach: Spinach is loaded with vitamins and nutrients.
Steps to make Steamed Pesto Chicken Rolls with Whole Wheat Pasta:
- Start by placing a medium pot of salted water to boil for the pasta and a pot with steamer insert and an inch of water to boil for the chicken
- Assemble ingredients
- Butterfly the chicken. Begin by placing each breast down on a cutting board. Lay your hand on top of the breast and insert a knife between the breast cutting the breast in half.
- The breast should unfold.
- Separate the butterflied breast. Repeat for the other breast.
- Place a layer of plastic wrap over a chicken breast to prevent splatter.
- Using a meat mallet or rolling pin pound the breasts gently until uniformly 1/4 inch thick.
- Season liberally with salt and pepper (and MSG if you feel like it). Remember this will be steamed so you won't build flavor by cooking, thus you need to season well.
- Tear off 4 sheets of aluminum foil and stack.
- Spray foil with pam. Place a chicken on the foil. Layer two pieces of prosciutto on the chicken
- Spread 1 Tbsp pesto on the chicken
- Roll the chicken up
- Roll the foil over the chicken into a tube
- Tighten the tube by twisting the foil ends in opposite directions to form a cyliner
- Repeat with remaining chicken
- Combine the olives, artichoke, tomatoes, lemon juice, basil, parsley, butter and oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper
- Place the chicken in the steamer.
- Pour the noodles in the pot of water.
- Boil and steam for 10 min.
- Reserve 1/3 cups of noodle water. Drain noodles.
- Return noodles to the pot, add the reserved pasta water, and the artichoke mixture. Stir to melt the butter. Taste for seasoning. No seriously…taste it. It likely needs salt. Whole wheat pasta is dry and there's no sauce. Give it a sprinkle. If it's dry… a little more oil.
- Plate with pasta and sliced chicken.
Spinach helps with skin, hair, and bones. Cook pasta according to package directions in a large pot of salted water. Drain the pasta and run it under water. Drizzle with the olive oil and toss well. This super lush and Creamy Pesto Chicken Pasta is perfect for busy weeknights.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food steamed pesto chicken rolls with whole wheat pasta recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!