Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, baked lemon chicken & roasted veggies. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Baked Lemon Chicken & Roasted Veggies is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Baked Lemon Chicken & Roasted Veggies is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
Fresh lemon juice makes this quick and easy chicken dinner exceptionally mouth-watering. For a crunchier crust, skip covering the baking dish with foil. In a shallow bowl, combine flour and pepper; dredge the chicken.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook baked lemon chicken & roasted veggies using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Baked Lemon Chicken & Roasted Veggies:
- Make ready 4 Chicken Quarters- thigh & leg w/ skin
- Get 8 medium Red Potatoes- quartered wedges
- Make ready 1 lb Carrots-peeled
- Make ready 7 large Lemons
- Get 2 large White Onions-quartered
- Take 1 1/2 lb Fresh Greenbeans
- Take 1 tbsp Olive Oil- (with lemon)
- Prepare 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Prepare 2 tbsp Fresh Rosemary- chopped
- Take 2 tbsp Fresh Thyme-chopped & divided
- Prepare 1 clove Fresh Garlic-minced
- Take 3 tsp Dried Oregano-divided
- Prepare 2 tsp Poultry Seasoning-divided
- Get Salt & Pepper
- Take 1 Equipment-grater/aluminum foil/large baking pan/couple large bowls/peeler/strainer/
In a shallow dish, combine butter, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Place bread crumbs in another dish. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then coat with crumbs. After the chicken is golden brown and crispy, it goes into a baking dish with some lemon juice, butter, garlic, herbs and chicken broth.
Instructions to make Baked Lemon Chicken & Roasted Veggies:
- Put strainer over large mixing bowl and juice 3 large lemons.
- Add Tbsp. lemon olive oil, 2 Tbsp rosemary, 1 Tbsp thyme, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp poultry seasoning, salt & pepper (tsp each) or to taste.
- Soak greenbeans, potatoes,carrots,and onions in juice mixture, then transfer to large baking pan.
- Add the juice of 2 more large lemons to the remaining juice mixture, then add the vegetable oil and the remaining thyme, oregano, poultry seasoning, also add the minced garlic, and a bit more salt and a full Tbsp pepper. Stir.
- Rinse chicken quarters, then soak in juice mixture. Fill the skin pocket as much as possible, then put atop the bean/carrot/potatoes.
- Place 3 tsp. butter under the skin of each chicken. Zest 1 lemon and sprinkle over veggies and chicken, then slice 1 lemon and put a slice on each chicken quarter.
- Put foil covered chicken in oven @375 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Remove from oven, drain excess chicken fat/juice. Put back in oven without foil for 30-45 min @ 425°F to crisp skin. Check every 15 min. for the last part.
- Check internal temperature to make sure fully cooked. Insert thermometer near thigh/leg joint. Don't hit bone, you want no less than 165°F.
- Enjoy! Let me know how you like it!
If you have an oven proof skillet, you can simply brown the chicken breasts, pour the sauce over the top and bake directly in the skillet instead of transferring the chicken to a baking dish. Bottom line, you need to make this Healthy Baked Lemon Chicken today! What people are saying about this recipe "This was a great meal! This easy lemon chicken recipe is one of our most popular main dish chicken recipes. With simple flavor additions that don't overpower the dish, the natural flavor of the chicken is allowed to shine.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food baked lemon chicken & roasted veggies recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!