Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, korean fried chicken. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Korean Fried Chicken is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Korean Fried Chicken is something which I have loved my whole life.
Korean fried chicken, usually called chikin (치킨, from the English "chicken") in Korea, refers to a variety of fried chicken dishes created in South Korea, including the basic huraideu-chicken (후라이드 치킨, from the English "fried chicken") and spicy yangnyeom chicken. Easy and delicious Korean fried chicken recipe. Would you care for super crunchy chicken that is coated with hugely addictive homemade Korean sweet chili sauce?
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook korean fried chicken using 22 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Korean Fried Chicken:
- Make ready Marinade
- Take 2 lb chicken wings
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Take 1 tsp garlic powder
- Get 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- Get 1/2 tsp curry powder (optional)
- Take 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Take 1 tsp real ginger, grated
- Make ready Frying Ingredients
- Get 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Prepare 1/2 cup potato starch or corn starch
- Prepare Sauce Ingredients
- Make ready 1/4 cup canola or grapeseed oil
- Get 2-3 tbsp chili flakes
- Prepare 1 inch ginger, minced
- Prepare 6 cloves garlic
- Get 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Prepare 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Get 1/2 cup corn syrup
- Get Garnishes (optional)
- Make ready 1 green onion chopped
- Make ready 1 tbsp cilantro
I'm sure by now you probably have heard of this wonderful creation. This Korean fried chicken (KFC) is double fried until extra crispy, then tossed in a sticky, sweet and spicy sauce. The only Korean Fried Chicken recipe you'll ever need! Korean Fried Chicken - juicy, yet crispy pieces of chicken coated in a sweet and spicy sauce.
Instructions to make Korean Fried Chicken:
- Place chicken wings in large bowl. Add garlic, nutmeg, curry powder and salt. Mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hour or over night. If cooking right away do not refrigerate but keep at room temperature. But for best results marinate for 2 hours if wanting to cook right away. (In these pictures I let them marinate over night.)
- Right before frying, add flour and potato starch and mix thoroughly with your hands. The potato starch should stick to the chicken wings in a thin coating. Feel free to pat the starch onto the chicken wings firmly with hands.
- Prepare for deep frying: get out your cooling racks. Set paper towels underneath to catch any grease drippings.
- Get your oil thermometer out and a pot with high sides. Add 2-3 inches cooking oil with a high smoking point. (Grapeseed oil is great for this) The goal is to add enough oil for the chicken wings to float in the pot and not stick to the bottom.
- Wait until the oil reaches 380 degrees. Then, add the chicken wings in batches until golden and crispy about 8-10 minutes. Drain wings and set aside on paper towels.
- Now it's time for the second fry. The temperature of the oil will not dip down as much as the first fry. Fry the (already fried) chicken wings in batches until they are darker and golden brown in color about 8-10 minutes per batch at 350 degrees. The wings are done when they look shrunken and compacted with a crispy coating. Drain and set aside on cooling racks.
- Prepare the sauce: add corn syrup, soy sauce, rice vinegar in a small bowl and set aside. Add a pinch if sugar if not sweet enough to your liking.
- Prepare the minced garlic and ginger. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or deep stock pot over medium high heat and add oil. When hot but not smoking add chili flakes, garlic and ginger. Mix around with a spatula or wooden spoon until fragrant and crispy looking, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and mix until the sauce bubbles vigorously, about 2-4 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Add the chicken wings and mix with spatula or wooden spoon until each wing is coated in sauce. Transfer to plate and garnish with sesame seeds, green onion or cilantro.
An easy fried chicken recipe with a fiery kick making for the perfect meal or appetizer. My first Korean fried chicken experience was at Bon Chon Chicken in Tribeca over five years ago. It was an epiphany not just because it was delectable, but because it was the first time that it had. Chef John's Korean fried chicken is tender and juicy while maintaining a plate-scratching crispiness that will make this recipe your new favorite. Cook an exotic yet easy dinner like these spicy and sticky Korean chicken wings.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food korean fried chicken recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!