Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, jerk chicken. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
The best Jamaican Jerk Chicken including oven and grilling instructions! It's incredibly flavorful thanks to hours of marinating in a vibrant and deliciously seasoned marinade. Jerk is a style of cooking native to Jamaica, in which meat is dry-rubbed or wet marinated with a hot spice mixture called Jamaican jerk spice.
Jerk Chicken is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Jerk Chicken is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook jerk chicken using 32 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Jerk Chicken:
- Make ready 2 lb Chicken
- Make ready Marinade
- Prepare 1 cup Orange Juice
- Prepare 1/4 cup White Wine Vinegar
- Take 1/2 bunch Fresh Green Onion diced
- Make ready 5 clove Garlic
- Prepare 2 medium Limes
- Get 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Prepare 2 tbsp Sugar
- Take 1/2 tbsp Molasses
- Take 3 tsp Olive Oil
- Get 1 tsp Nutmeg
- Take 3/4 tsp Cayenne
- Get 1/2 tsp Allspice
- Take 1/2 tsp Ginger
- Make ready 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Take 1/4 tsp Cumin
- Prepare 2 medium Jalapenos chopped & seeded
- Prepare 1 medium Habanero chopped & seeded
- Prepare 1 Bunch fresh Thyme
- Prepare Dry Rub
- Get 3/4 tbsp Sugar
- Make ready 3/4 tsp Dried Thyme
- Get 1/2 tsp Season Salt
- Take 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- Take 1/4 tsp Ginger
- Prepare 1/4 tsp Allspice
- Take 1/4 tsp Jalapeno Powder (chipotle works)
- Get 1 dash (1/8 tsp) Cumin
- Make ready 1 dash (1/8 tsp) Cinnamon
- Make ready 1 dash (1/8 tsp) Cayenne
- Get 1 Salt & Pepper
Hot, succulent Jamaican Jerk Chicken is a tropical treat. You'll love the heat and flavor of this fiery marinade. Try new ways of preparing chicken with jerked chicken recipes and more from the expert chefs at Food Network. Bring the flavors of the Caribbean to dinner.
Steps to make Jerk Chicken:
- One lime is sliced thinly and placed in a marinade bag with the chicken for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix the rest of the marinade items in a blender (2nd lime is juiced).
- Add the blended mixture to the chicken & lime slices in your marinade bag.
- Let the chicken marinade in the fridge for at least 4-8 hours, possibly overnight.
- Take chicken out of the marinade and add the dry rub & start cooking.
Jerk Chicken is believed to have been conceived when the Maroons introduced African meat cooking techniques to Jamaica which were combined with native Jamaican ingredients and. Try Levi Roots' sticky jerk chicken wings as a party nibble, or make more substantial jerk chicken thighs to fit in a flatbread or alongside rice and peas. Andi Oliver's jerk chicken and cornmeal waffles. Done right, jerk chicken is one of the great barbecue traditions of the world, up there with Texas brisket and Chinese char siu. It is Jamaica to the bone, aromatic and smoky, sweet but insistently hot.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food jerk chicken recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!