Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, red braised chicken thighs. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Red Braised Chicken Thighs is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Red Braised Chicken Thighs is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
Watch Hugh Acherson cook braised chicken thighs, a dish that reminds him of his father, who is living with Alzheimer's. Chef Acheson shares the importance of gathering #AroundTheTable and why he is teaming up with The Coq Au Vin - Chicken Braised with Bacon, Mushrooms & Red Wine. These braised chicken thighs are no joke.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have red braised chicken thighs using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Red Braised Chicken Thighs:
- Prepare 1/2 kg chicken thigh, cut into bite size pieces
- Take 4 tbsp sugar
- Get 3 slices ginger
- Prepare 1/2 cup shaoxing wine
- Get 4 bay leaves
- Make ready 1 cinnamon stick
- Make ready 2 star anise
- Get 3 tbsp soy sauce
- Take 1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes or 1-2 dried chillies (optional)
This braised chicken dish starts on the stove, then finishes in the oven, so you'll want to use a heavy oven proof skillet or dutch oven with a fitted lid. First step is browning the chicken, then you'll want to saute your aromatics and vegetables. Then the whole dish goes in the oven until the chicken is. For Perfectly Braised Chicken Thighs, Memorize This Technique.
Instructions to make Red Braised Chicken Thighs:
- In a wok or frying pan, heat oil under low heat. Add sugar and stir until it melts, being careful not to burn it.
- Add chicken and ginger, raising heat to medium, stirring to cover with sugar.
- Add shaoxing wine, star anise, bay leaves, cinnamon stick, soy sauce, and chilli flakes. Lower heat to medium low and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Rise heat back to medium and let boil, reducing the sauce to half. Serve over steamed rice.
To be honest, chicken braised in this way is so flavorful that you don't actually need a sauce. I added carrots, onion and several red potatoes cut in half, lots of Italian seasoning and some chicken broth. Curry Braised Chicken Thighs is a delicious Indian-inspired dinner for two. Spicy, flavorful and budget-friendly, it's sure to spice up the night with your loved one! However, chicken thighs don't take hours to become tender.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food red braised chicken thighs recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!