Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, picnic loaf. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Prepare it the night before so the flavours have time to soak in. To mark National Picnic Week in the UK - forget the soggy, old-hat sandwiches, and check out my colourfully layered Picnic Loaf! Try this picnic loaf stuffed with salami, ham and cheese instead of sandwiches for your next picnic.
Picnic Loaf is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Picnic Loaf is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have picnic loaf using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Picnic Loaf:
- Make ready 400 g farmhouse tin loaf
- Make ready 3-4 tbsp pesto
- Take 3-4 tbsp mayonnaise
- Prepare 2 chicken breasts
- Make ready Handful spinach
- Make ready 1 beef tomato, slices
- Prepare 6 slices streaky bacon
- Get 2 balls of Mozzarella cheese
Start by slicing the top of the loaf off and put to one side. Check out this perfect picnic recipe for loaded caprese picnic loaf from Delish.com! Serve cold or at room temperature. This recipe makes the ultimate picnic loaf for your alfresco lunches in the sun.
Steps to make Picnic Loaf:
- Prepare the day before your picnic. Slice the chicken breast and season well, cook in a griddle pan for 2-3 minutes each side until cooked through and slight browned.
- Add the bacon to a cold frying pan, then increase the heat to medium-high, cook until browned and crispy.
- Cut the top off the loaf and hollow out the middle, you can blitz and freeze the removed bread to use as breadcrumbs for future recipes.
- Combine the mayonnaise and pesto, spoon a generous layer all over the inside of the loaf, don’t forget the bottom of the lid.
- Start layer the ingredients, seasoning each layer lightly: spinach, chorizo, mozzarella, tomatoes, spinach, bacon, chicken, chorizo, mozzarella, tomatoes, and finally spinach.
- Put the lid back onto the loaf, wrap the loaf in greaseproof paper, then put a heavy book on the top and put in the fridge overnight.
A soft bloomer, filled with layer upon layer of italian meats, cheese, salad, basil, tomato and onion. This recipe is great to take with you on your self-catering break. Raid the local deli, pick up a fresh-from oven loaf and some local cured meat and cheese. Cut the lid off the loaf and pull out the middle, leaving a good crust so it will keep its shape once filled. Try our Italian picnic loaf recipe.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food picnic loaf recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!