Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, chicken ala king pie. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Ala King Pie is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Chicken Ala King Pie is something which I have loved my entire life.
Though its name may sound regal on first read, Chicken à la King is as creamy and comforting as it comes. This hearty classic is practically a crustless chicken pot pie. Some might even call it a chicken gravy.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have chicken ala king pie using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Ala King Pie:
- Make ready 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- Prepare 1 whole onion finely chopped
- Take 1 pack frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, corn and green peas)
- Prepare 1 block shredded quick melt cheese
- Make ready 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- Make ready 1/4 cup all purpose cream
- Prepare 1/4 cup melted butter
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup mashed potatoes
- Prepare 1 large egg beaten
Remove chicken from the stock, allow to cool. Remove all meat from the bones and tear into bite size pieces. Strain the stock and set aside. Chicken à la King has an unclear origin, but some very clear requirements and this recipe meets them all, including: chicken (of course), creamy sauce, pimientos and cooked vegetables.
Instructions to make Chicken Ala King Pie:
- Sauté chopped onion in butter then add shredded chicken breast.
- Add frozen vegetables and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Mix all purpose flour and all purpose cream and add to mixture. (You can replace cream with chicken stock if you don’t want it too creamy)
- Add cheese and turn off the heat when the cheese melts.
- Flatten the mixture in a butter greased baking dish.
- Top the dish with the mashed potato completely covering the top.
- Brush the mashed potato with egg wash and bake under 250 degrees for 10 to 15 mins or until the mashed potato turns golden brown.
Cook the Veggies - Melt the butter over medium-high heat and stir in the diced bell pepper, onion, celery, and mushrooms. Then, add the chicken broth one big splash at a time, stirring until. Top fresh-baked biscuits with hearty chicken and fresh veggies in a rich cream sauce (made with one of our favorite shortcut ingredients ever). It's everything you need for a complete meal-no sides required. It's a great way to use leftover chicken or turkey.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food chicken ala king pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!