Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, filipino chicken adobo. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Filipino Chicken Adobo is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Filipino Chicken Adobo is something that I have loved my entire life.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken. Stir in water and reserved marinade. If desired, serve chicken with cooking sauce.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have filipino chicken adobo using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Filipino Chicken Adobo:
- Prepare 1 kilo chicken cut into pieces
- Get 1 head garlic 4-5 garlic cloves crushed and the remaining minced
- Get 2 tablespoons oil
- Prepare 4 pieces bay leaves
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon peppercorn
- Prepare 1/2 cup white vinegar (sugar cane or balsamic goes well too)
- Take 1 cup soy sauce
- Prepare 1/4 cup water
- Get 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- Get Optional: peeled hard-boiled eggs and/or potatoes cut in quarter
In a sealed airtight container, chicken adobo will keep for at least a week and a half in the. Heat oil in a medium heavy saucepan over medium. Add chicken, reserving marinade, and cook, turning occasionally and adjusting heat to medium-low if needed, until skin starts to brown and. Filipino Chicken Adobo is the national dish of the Philippines and like all traditional dishes, there are many variations - including different proteins like pork and beef.
Instructions to make Filipino Chicken Adobo:
- Marinate chicken in soy sauce and vinegar with the crushed garlic for at least 2 hours or even overnight. The longer the chicken stays in the marinade, the tastier and flavorful it becomes.
- Heat oil in pan and cook remaining minced garlic until light golden brown. Set aside toasted garlic as toppings later. Remove chicken from the marinade (keep marinade sauce) and pan fry chicken in the same oil as the garlic for about 3-5 minutes per side or until it browns a little. Don't worry about having to cook chicken through just yet, as you will still let it stew later.
- Put back marinade sauce from earlier and add water, sugar, peppercorn, and bay leaves. Add optional potatoes and peeled hard-boiled eggs. Let it simmer for about 20-30 minutes. You will know chicken is cooked once it is fork tender is starting to release oil. I like my adobo on the drier side so I let the it simmer until the sauce thickens and mostly evaporated.
- Serve with white rice topped with toasted garlic and enjoy!
Fundamentally though, the key ingredients are the right balance of soy sauce, vinegar, black pepper and sugar that create an incredibly sticky glaze that has a depth of. For this Filipino Chicken Adobo dish, chicken thighs and drumsticks are braised in vinegar and soy sauce loaded with garlic, bay leaves and black peppercorns. A wonderful fall apart, savory chicken best served over steamed rice. Chicken Adobo is a type of Filipino chicken stew. Chicken pieces are marinated in soy sauce and spices, pan-fried, and stewed until tender.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food filipino chicken adobo recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!