Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, chicken orzo soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Thank you Tiffany for an amazing soup that always makes me feel better! It's a couple chicken breasts/thighs cooked. Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup - Chockfull of hearty veggies and tender chicken in a refreshing lemony broth.
Chicken Orzo Soup is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Chicken Orzo Soup is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken orzo soup using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Orzo Soup:
- Prepare 10 skinless chicken thighs
- Make ready 8 cups water
- Prepare 1 whole peeled onion
- Prepare 1 onion diced
- Prepare 3 bay leaves
- Get 1 bunch celery sliced
- Make ready 2 lb peeled and sliced carrots
- Get 1 (14.4 oz) can diced tomato
- Take 1/2 lb orzo pasta
- Make ready 1/2 cup parsley
- Get 1 1/2 tsp season salt
- Take to taste pepper
- Prepare to taste hot pepper flakes
- Take Parmesan cheese
Orzo is that tiny rice-shaped pasta. Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup - A chicken soup that's loaded with tiny bits of tender orzo, lean, protein rich chicken breasts, fresh veggies and seasoned with fresh lemon. Our Italian Chicken Orzo Soup is made with fresh healthy ingredients. You can easily substitute whole grain or even gluten free pasta to suit your diet.
Instructions to make Chicken Orzo Soup:
- In a large stockpot, add in chicken thighs, bay leaves, whole onion, and water. (Water should be about 1 inch above the chicken thighs. We think its about 8 cups.) Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 25 minutes. Pull out the chicken and whole onion and set aside chicken and discard onion.
- Add in carrots, celery, onion and tomato. Bring back to simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Shred chicken while vegetables are cooking.
- Add in orzo pasta and parsley, cook for 10 minutes or until al dente. Shred chicken while pasta is cooking.
- Add in shredded chicken, season salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes if desired. A little parmesan goes a long way too :)
You are going to love this! This Lemon Chicken Soup becomes your new Chicken Noodle. Here's why: The base is smooth, creamy To me, the fact that this is whole wheat orzo is essential to the soup-counts-as-a-meal thing. The first recipe I tried in my new Crock-Pot® Express Crock Multi Cooker was this delicious chicken orzo soup, and wow, was it ever easy to make! This weeknight chicken soup goes Greek with orzo, lemon juice, and a handful of fresh dill.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food chicken orzo soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!