Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, almost jerk chicken without the coconut. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Almost Jerk Chicken without the coconut is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Almost Jerk Chicken without the coconut is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Jerk chicken can be as spicy or as mild as you'd like it to be." Serve this with Mango Chutney as a condiment, and with a side of rice and peas or coconut rice. Jerk chicken is a Caribbean dish featuring chicken marinated in the famous jerk sauce of Jamaica. For people who want to make jerk chicken at home without mixing the spice blend, many stores You must also cook the rice and peas with coconut milk and fresh thyme sprigs.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have almost jerk chicken without the coconut using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Almost Jerk Chicken without the coconut:
- Prepare 450 g diced chicken (I prefer leg meat)
- Prepare 45 g (half a small jar) of Sainsbury’s spicy jerk paste or similar
- Get 2 generous teaspoons full of red pesto
- Prepare 1 dessert spoonful of Curry paste (I used Patak's Balti Paste)
- Get About 30g of double concentrated tomato puree
- Prepare 3 cloves garlic
- Take 2 medium or 1 big onion
- Make ready 1 sweet pepper
- Prepare 4-5 mushrooms
- Take Stick celery
- Prepare 50 g sundried tomatoes (not essential but they add a depth of flavour)
- Prepare Can tomatoes
- Get Water
- Prepare Olive Oil
- Take to taste Hot chilli sauce
I normally make the Chicken Green Curry that goes really well with Sanna or the Chicken Curry (with roasted condiments) which is also nice. I have been trying out all you chicken recipes without coconut and they are easy to follow..with Jerk Chicken? discussion from the Chowhound Home Cooking, Chicken food community. A friend is making a birthday dinner for his son who has requested Jerk Chicken as the entree. (I remember coconut milk being made for this dish by grating coconut and then pouring hot? water. Jerk seasoning is a favorite from our island brothers and sisters, the marinade was originally used for Pork but it has since spread to chicken If you are unable to get ground allspice or allspice berries, feel free to substitute Uziza seeds.
Instructions to make Almost Jerk Chicken without the coconut:
- Put the diced chicken in a bowl and mix in the drop in the jerk paste, curry paste, red pesto and tomato puree. Crush and chop the garlic and chuck that in too.
- Mix it all up and cover with cling film and leave to marinade for a bit. I left mine for an hour but overnight would be fine too. Put it in the fridge if you are leaving overnight though.
- Chop all the onions, pepper, mushrooms and celery and put in a heavy pot with a splash of water and a drop of nice olive oil. I have a sure fire way of avoiding tears when chopping onions. Swimming goggles! I might look stupid but my eyes don’t hurt. Ha!
- Sweat all that down on a high heat while stirring constantly to make sure it doesn’t catch. You might want to add a splash of water from time to time if the liquid looks like it’s all gone. (I tried a splash of beer. Only a splash mind!) Cook until the onions have gone translucent and the peppers have softened a bit.
- Put this in a bowl to one side and put the pot back on the heat. When its nice and hot drop in the chicken. It should sizzle. If you are using leg meat there will be enough fat in the meat to stop it sticking but if you are using breast you might want a drop of olive oil too. Keep the heat high and keep stirring. Do not leave this at all during this stage. You have to keep it moving and sear the meat. You might get an odd black bit at this stage but don’t worry just keep it moving.
- When the chicken has been seared then drop all onion/pepper mix back in and pour in the can of tomatoes. Give it a right good old mix and bring to the boil. You might want to add a bit of liquid here if it looks a bit thick. I used another glug of beer.
- After cooking for 10 minutes or so, taste the sauce to see if it’s spicy enough. If you like it hot add a bit of hot chilli to liven it up but be careful. You can’t take it out once you have put it in so just add a bit at a time until its right for you.
- Cook for another 20 minutes and serve with rice and peas (well beans really) and a half a tortilla. I also added a couple of pickled chillies as I like SPICY! Don’t cook it for too long as the chicken will fall apart and be horrid. The garnish is chopped celery leaves and spring onion.
The recipe will no longer be jerk chicken but we can call it Jerk. Jamaican jerk chicken is flavorful, tangy, sweet, & juicy. It is full of delicious spices and is far from boring. It is loved in a variety of ways, however. That's this Jamaican jerk chicken recipe, which will be the last marinade you ever try.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food almost jerk chicken without the coconut recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!