Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, braised chicken in pomegranate and walnut sauce. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
This Chicken Stew with Walnut and Pomegranate Sauce recipe is a classic preparation in Persian cooking, going by the name "Fesenjan". Chicken pieces are first browned and then slowly cooked in a sauce with ground toasted walnuts and pomegranate molasses. You might not normally think to.
Braised Chicken In Pomegranate And Walnut Sauce is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Braised Chicken In Pomegranate And Walnut Sauce is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook braised chicken in pomegranate and walnut sauce using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Braised Chicken In Pomegranate And Walnut Sauce:
- Make ready 500 gram chicken thighs with bones
- Get 1 yellow onion grind to paste
- Get 1 tomato grind to paste
- Take 1.5 tsp olive oil
- Get 1 tbsp butter
- Get 4 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- Take 200 grm walnuts(toasted)1)2
- Get 1/2 tsp sugar
- Get 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- Prepare 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- Make ready 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- Prepare 1/4 tsp all spices powder
- Take 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- Make ready 1 litre cold water
- Take to taste salt
- Take Chichicken marinade
- Prepare 1 tsp paprika powder
- Take 1tsp salt
Check to make sure the sauce is thickened and the chicken is cooked through and knife tender. Add the ground walnuts, pomegranate molasses, brown sugar, saffron, cumin and the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Return the chicken to the sauce, turn to coat and season with. Add the reduced pomegranate juice mixture, ground toasted walnuts, and chicken.
Instructions to make Braised Chicken In Pomegranate And Walnut Sauce:
- Grind walnuts until extremely fine with a paste like consistency.
- In a heavy bottomed pan and walnuts and cold water.Bring to boil and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.Turn the heat to simmer.Partially cover with lid and cook for 2 hours;stir occasionally to prevent walnuts from sticking.
- Marinate chicken in salt and paprika powder for 30 minutes.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a nonstick skillet on medium heat.Add chicken pieces and brown on all sides.Remove and keep aside.
- To the same skillet add onion paste;saute until brown and all the water has dried up Remove and keep aside.
- Once the walnut sauce has thickened and reduced in quantity,add chicken pieces,onion paste and the remaining ingredients. Cover and let cook over low heat for 45 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Taste seasoning and adjust accordingly
- Cook uncovered on high heat for 10 minutes so the sauce thickens around the chicken pieces.Turn heat off.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and serve hot with steamed rice.
Check to make sure the sauce is thickened and the chicken is cooked through and knife tender. This recipe reached the kitchens of Baghdad from the cities of Najaf and Karbala. Pomegranate syrup, sometimes called pomegranate molasses, is available in most Middle Eastern and health food stores. If it is unavailable, you Sweet-sour adjustments: Add a little more sugar if the sauce is too tart, a little bit of lime or lemon juice if it is too sweet. How to Make Chicken in Pomegranate & Walnut Sauce.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food braised chicken in pomegranate and walnut sauce recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!