Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, arroz con pollo (chicken and rice). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Arroz Con Pollo (Chicken And Rice) is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Arroz Con Pollo (Chicken And Rice) is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
Mama's Puerto Rican Chicken and Rice also known as Arroz con Pollo. This one pan dinner is made with homemade adobo seasoned chicken, sofrito and savory rice. You'll make this recipe again and again!
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook arroz con pollo (chicken and rice) using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Arroz Con Pollo (Chicken And Rice):
- Take 8 oz Tomato sauce
- Prepare 1 cup Or 6 oz Sofrito
- Take 1 envelope Sazon
- Make ready 1 as needed Adobo seasoning
- Prepare 1 as needed Black pepper
- Make ready 2 tbsp Capers
- Take 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Make ready 1 as needed Seedless olives
- Get 3 cup Rice
- Make ready 4 cup Water
- Take 1 packages Boneless skinless chicken thighs
Make Arroz con Pollo tonight—everyone loves an easy rice and chicken dish. Turn to packaged saffron rice blend for intriguing flavor for this classic Mexican chicken dish, made even easier with frozen mixed vegetables. Authentic Arroz Con Pollo, or Latin chicken and rice, is the ultimate one-pot meal. It's a classic Colombian dish that I grew up on that I now love to cook for my family.
Instructions to make Arroz Con Pollo (Chicken And Rice):
- Season thawed chicken thighs with adobo seasoning and black pepper– you can use any type of chicken you like
- Heat oil in medium to large pot - you will use this same pot to cook everything
- Brown chicken in oil, about 5-7 minutes each side. Once browned on both sides set aside chicken (do not drain oil off chicken)
- In pot add capers to heated oil , i add the capers first so the flavors just burst!
- Add sofrito, tomato sauce, sazon and olives (i love the green olives with the pimento, i add about 2 tbsp)… Let sauce heat up about 2 minutes, stir frequently
- Once sauce is heated and mixed together add rice ( any rice will do, i use mahatma jasmine rice) and add water
- Stir once— you do not want to stir the rice too much as it will become soggy rice
- Bring to a boil , boil about 5 minutes.. Reduce heat and let simmer until water is absorbed– while the rice is cooking i like to shred up the chicken, for this particular meal i just cut it into small slices
- You can add the chicken anytime , i like to add mine when the rice is almost done just because it makes for easier cooking time for the rice…
- Remove from heat and enjoy!!!
There are many variations on the classic arroz con pollo. It is a traditional Latin American and Spanish chicken and rice recipe. I consider "Arroz con Pollo" (rice with chicken) a Colombian gastronomic classic. I don't think there are two ingredients that go together better than chicken and rice. It's an easy recipe to make, it's tasty, and it yields many portions.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food arroz con pollo (chicken and rice) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!